Job Posting – Part Time Jr. Production Staff
The Chocolate Lab Inc is an award winning artisan chocolate shop, located in the heart of downtown Calgary’s Chinatown food district. We produce artful, world-class products for a fair price – almost too pretty to eat!
We are looking for production team members who have a flexible schedule, who love to learn and be part of an amazing, chocolate-loving team.
Summary of Position:
As a member of the Chocolate Lab Production Team, you are responsible for food handling and supportive duties in the creation of world-class chocolate confections. In being a dependable member of the team and community, you will be required to work independently and be thorough in your tasks, as a part of a larger team. You will maintain the brand’s reputation/culture by maintaining standards in excellence and creating extraordinary product, in the spirit of kindness and generosity.
Production Staff Duties:
- Food handling – assisting in the creation of different chocolate products and confections (tasks and duties will change according to weekly workflows and dynamic production schedules)
- Cleaning – ensuring a tidy and clean work space (daily tear down, washing dishes, cleaning floors, sanitizing surfaces, deep clean after a busy season)
- Customer Service – assisting front of house with customer orders, when needed
- Helping to restock showcase, shelves and kiosk, when needed
- Assisting with inventory – ingredients, colours, supplies, materials
- Participating in client service as part of events, workshops, tastings and mobile kiosks
- Other duties – to be assigned by owners and Production team leaders
We want to meet you if have the following requirements:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A flexible schedule
- Tech savvy – works well with their phone, using cloud-based documentation and apps
- Calm and friendly personality who loves working in a team, and can work independently completing their assigned tasks
- Excellent and effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Has a growth mindset, a sense of humour, and a good work ethic
- A history of dependability and reliability
- Time management – able to manage multiple projects/competing timelines for order fulfillment
- Able to work independently while still working as part of a team
- Lover of food and chocolate
- Demonstrates care for their work, the people around them and takes pride in a job well done.
- Part-time shifts and up to 40 hours a week during the busy season.
- Our primary production kitchen is located in Chinatown.
- Preference is given to local candidates, and to students or graduates of a culinary arts program
(eg: SAIT Baking & Pastry Arts, Professional Cooking, or equivalent).