We want to make sure your experience at The Chocolate Lab is exceptional, whether you walk into our retail showroom, email us, or order via our online shop. Sometimes having a page full of details is a great way to relay lots of information, in a convenient medium, so we can make your experience smooth and full of only chocolate dreams.
We’re here to help. If there is a question not answered on this page, please use our contact form for fastest response.
Do you take phone orders?
We do not take phone orders. For identity, privacy and security reasons, we recommend that you make your purchase on our online shop.
If your order is large, or you have specific requirements that cannot be fulfilled on our online shop, please use our contact form to initiate a conversation with us.
There is a sticker with a date on my box of chocolates! What does this mean?
This date is related to when your box was created. We recommend that our bonbons are eaten less than a month after that freshness date.
If there was no sticker, that means the order was custom made on the day your order was shipped/delivered/purchased in person- this will be with respect to your internet and shipping orders, as well as custom boxes made in person at our Factory Location.
There is a problem with my order? What do I do now?
Please use our contact form so that we can understand what went wrong and how we can help you get what you need.
I Made a Custom Box – There are Some Surprises in Here!
We have a lot of flavours, and sometimes we run our of stock. During the Holiday Seasons, we run out frequently. We will make substitutions on your behalf.
During busy times, we are unable to contact to every single custom box client to ask them what flavours they would like substituted.
When making your custom box, please enter in the order notes, if you have any food or cultural needs, what your preferred flavours are for substitutions, in the event that we are out of stock on certain flavours
Are you hiring?
If any jobs are open, details of positions available will found on our Work Here page.
I left a voicemail – when will you return my call?
We try to return voicemails in a timely manner. But our staff have a priority to our Online Shop, Curbside Pickup and our in-store customers. During holiday seasons we will not return phone calls. Our contact form is the best way to get in touch with us.
If you have a question with respect to an order, please use our contact form. We have staff available most weekdays to assist with emailed and online orders.
If you would like to place an order or have questions about an event, corporate or wholesale accounts, please use our contact form.
Curbside PickUp – What is it, and when will my order be ready?
Do you live in Calgary? Are you here in Calgary for a visit or have someone who can pick up you order on your behalf?
Curbside Pickup is available for locals, and is offered at our factory location, #4, 21 Highfield Circle SE, Calgary, AB. If you select this option, you will be emailed when your order is ready for Pickup. When you arrive at our location, please phone our Curbside Pickup phone number: 403-455-3022, and give us your order number. Our staff will bring your order out to you.
Most Curbside Pickup orders are fulfilled within 1hr, during normal operating hours, Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm. Exceptions – during holidays we have a 24+hour fulfillment period, depending on order load.
$15 Calgary Wide Delivery – What is it, and when will my order be ready?
Do you live within the Calgary city limits and wish weekday delivery to your home or office location?
Calgary Wide Delivery is available for $15 +GST. It is offered Monday – Friday afternoons, and our drivers will deliver to most locations within the Calgary city limits.
Calgary Wide Delivery orders are usually fulfilled same day, for orders placed by 12pm. Orders received after 12pm will be delivered next weekday.
During the holiday season, we recommend that you come (Curbside) pick up your order. Delays happen with poor weather, and our order load.
I ordered and I haven’t received an email confirming that you have received my order.
When you place an order via our online shop, you will receive an email confirming your order details. When we have received your order, it goes into our fulfillment queue. If you used one of the delivery options on our website, you will receive another email with tracking details once your order is ready to be shipped.
I made my order, when will it ship?
We ship Monday – Thursday. We usually have a 24 hour fulfillment period. In the event that you ordered on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, your order will be shipped out on Monday. We have a fresh product and we do our best to ensure that the quality of our product is maintained from the time we receive your order, until we ship it. The last thing we want is for your order to sit in a truck or depot over the weekend!
Shipping options and destinations – what to consider before choosing your delivery method:
- During the pandemic and holiday season, shipping service providers are not guaranteeing their delivery times.
- Are you delivering to a major city? A small town? Eastern, Central or Western Canada?
- FedEx is best when sending to a Major City
- Major cities, PO boxes, small towns and rural areas have success with Canada Post in general.
- In a time crunch? Consider FedEx Overnight, 2-day, or Canada Post Priority
- If you are in a small town, are delivering to a PO Box, additional surcharges are applied via FedEx, so consider this before you choose your delivery service provider.
- Is the recipient at home to receive the parcel?
- Season/time of year – what the temperature might be in case the box is out on the porch all day.
- If the recipient is unable to receive their goods at home, consider delivery to their work address, so that it is received in the best possible condition.
- In extreme temperatures in Canada (-40 Celsius and +40 Celsius), these temperatures can be unkind to our product.
- When a parcel leaves our Fulfillment Centre, the product is in perfect condition.
- Shipping service providers carriers and there are times where our products are not treated with the most kindness. Service providers are allowed to leave it on a doorstep.
- We do not label our parcels with “fragile”, “perishable” or with special handling instructions.
- Does mail go to a community mail box exposed to the sun? If your recipient lives in a community where they use outdoor mail boxes, consider delivering to them at work or using FedEx to arrange delivery at their convenience. The last thing we want is a melted box for your special someone.
Are you open? What are your hours? What about XYZ date?
Check our website, or Google – we will update our hours with respect to holidays and long weekends.
Where are you located?
#4, 21 Highfield Circle SE
Our factory showroom is located in the Burnswest Business Centre, located a block away from the intersection of Blackfoot Trail and 46th Ave SE.
Events, wholesale, weddings, custom orders
Yes, we are overjoyed to be part of your special day. Please use our contact form to initiate a conversation.
Please include the following in your request:
- Date of Event
- if you require delivery prior to the event
- will there be custom packaging required
- will there be custom chocolate/bonbon artwork required
- box sizes required
*Custom items require a minimum of 4 weeks of lead time so that we can ensure that your concepts are queued into our production and fulfillment. Minimum orders for custom bonbons is 3000 units per design
*Custom packaging is provided by one of our local service providers – minimum of 1000 units