Job Posting – Part Time Retail Staff
The Chocolate Lab Inc. is a local artisan chocolate shop, located in the heart of Calgary’s Chinatown. Winner of 18 International Chocolate Awards, we are a team of learners who work in a culture of kindness and generosity. We produce artful, world-class product for a fair price – almost to pretty to eat!
We are looking for retail team members who have a flexible schedule, who love helping people, and love chocolate.
Summary of Position:
As a member of the Chocolate Lab Retail team, you are responsible for customer service duties, and being a dependable member of the team and community. You will be required to work independently and be thorough in your tasks, as a part of a larger team. You will maintain the brand’s reputation/culture through customer service excellence; engaging clients and fellow staff in the spirit of kindness and generosity.
Retail staff tasks:
- Food handling and packaging boxes of chocolates for walk-in clients.
- Opening and closing the Shop/kiosk and handling cash
- Customer Service – helping clients by guiding them through the experience at the shop, letting them browse, supporting their selections based on their preferences, cultural and dietary needs.
- Helping to restocking showcase, shelves and kiosk
- Regular cleaning of the retail shop – showcases, counters, shelves, floors, tables.
- Assisting with inventory – packaging, stock, materials and supplies to ensure restock when needed
- Working alongside our production and fulfillment teams to complete orders for corporate and event clients
- Participating in client service as part of events, workshops, tastings and mobile kiosks
- Other duties – to be assigned by owners and team leads
We want to meet you if you have the following requirements:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Calm and friendly personality who loves helping people and can read a situation
- Strong and effective communication stills – ability to use positive language and be a good actor when required
- A flexible schedule
- A history of dependability and reliability
- Retail and customer service experience – patience, attentiveness, ability to handle surprises
- Ability to learn about the product and support clients when making choices
- Time management – able to manage multiple clients and competing timelines for order fulfillment
- Able to work independently while still working as part of a team
- Loves food and chocolate
- Demonstrates care for their work, the people around them and takes pride in a job well done.
- Tech savvy – works well with their phone, using cloud-based documentation and apps
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Has a growth mindset, a sense of humour and is optimistic thtough bursts of activity during the busy season
- Can handle competing projects and manage timelines and workflows for their assigned duties for the day
- Experience with handling cash
- Experience using Square POS is an asset
- Part-time shifts and up to 40 hours a week, during the busy season
- Our retail shop is located in Chinatown
- This position my include working at a mobile kiosk through the holiday season (locations to be determined)
- Preference given to local candidates