Job Posting – Retail Store Manager – Stephen Ave.
The Chocolate Lab is an award-winning chocolate and confections manufacturer. We are a team of learners who work who love what we do – creating artful, world class products. We are looking for a Full Time Retail Store Manager to lead our downtown location in Calgary.
Summary of Position:
Full-time, salary, + benefits + vacation + sales incentive bonus.
A leader on location who manages and inspires the retail sales and service team. Obsessed with all things chocolate, they are committed to giving customers a legendary and award-winning store experience. You will be reporting to Senior Management.
Wha you’ll be doing:
- Daily, weekly and monthly planning of staffing based on the season ahead
- Involvement in hiring, training, leading and retaining staff
- Planning and facilitating successful day-to-day operations of retail store and customer experience, sales targets
- Ensuring all health and safety guidelines are adhered to, as per company protocols, and AHS requirements- understanding the consequences of not adhering to AHS compliance.
- Effectively allocating resources – managing and prioritizing, the team, supplies and inventory
- Ordering – stock, supplies and ingredients.
- Quality control of product
We want to meet you if you have the following requirements:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Lover all things chocolate, and want to share this love with customers.
- Experience in leadership – minimum 1 year of leadership of a team (>10 people)
- A people person – positive and encouraging, motivating and caring
- Proactive action while considering ways to improve customer retail experience, team and store dynamics.
- Experience in sales – history of meeting and surpassing daily, weekly, monthly targets
- Scheduling, payroll, and budgeting experience
- Calm and friendly personality who loves helping people and can read a situation
- Retail and customer service experience – can quickly learn about new products, patient, attentive, able to handle surprises.
- Effective communication o written/verbal ability to ask clarifying questions o super listening skills o uses positive, motivating language to encourage performance o can be a good actor when required o can give and receive critical feedback
- Tech saavy – works well with their phone/mobile devices using cloud-based apps
- Experience handing cash – confidence using point of sale software and able to troubleshoot
- Time management – able to manage multiple clients and competing timelines for order fulfillment
- Able to work independently while still working as part of a team and leading the team.
- Demonstrates care for their work, the people around them and takes pride in a job well done.
- Has a growth mindset, a sense of humour and is optimistic though quiet and busy times
- Full-time position, +overtime during the busy season
- Our downtown retail store is located in Fashion Central block, along Stephen Ave.
- Preference given to local (Calgary) candidates
Please enter your information below, and you can use the upload function to upload your resume. We will contact you for an interview if we feel you are a good fit for our team.