Job Posting – Seasonal Jr. Production Staff
The Chocolate Lab Inc is an award winning artisan chocolate shop, located in Calgary, AB. We produce artful, world-class products for a fair price – almost too pretty to eat!
We are looking for jr. production team members, who love to learn and be part of an amazing, chocolate-loving team. Employment is seasonal contract until Dec 24, 2021, with the possibility of extension of contract until Feb 28, 2022.
Summary of Position:
As a member of the Chocolate Lab Production Team, you are responsible for food handling and supportive duties in the creation of different chocolate confections. In being a dependable member of the team and community, you will be required to work independently and be thorough in your tasks, as a part of a larger team. You will maintain the brand’s reputation/culture by maintaining standards in excellence and creating extraordinary product, in the spirit of kindness and generosity.
Production Staff Duties:
- Food handling – assisting in the creation of different chocolate products and confections (tasks and duties will change according to weekly workflows and dynamic production schedules)
- Cleaning – ensuring a tidy and clean work space (daily tear down, washing dishes, cleaning floors, sanitizing surfaces, deep clean after a busy season)
- Customer Service – assisting front of house with customer orders, when needed
- Helping to restock showcase, shelves and kiosk, when needed
- Assisting with inventory – ingredients, colours, supplies, materials
- Participating in client service as part of events, workshops, tastings and mobile kiosks
- Other duties – to be assigned by the Owners and Production team leaders
We want to meet you if have the following requirements:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- A flexible schedule
- Tech savvy – works well with their phone, using cloud-based documentation and apps
- Calm and friendly personality who loves working in a team, and can work independently completing their assigned tasks
- Excellent and effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Has a growth mindset, a sense of humour, and a good work ethic
- A history of dependability and reliability
- Time management – able to manage multiple projects/competing timelines for order fulfillment
- Able to work independently while still working as part of a team
- Lover of food and chocolate
- Demonstrates care for their work, the people around them and takes pride in a job well done.
- Part-time shifts and up to 40 hours a week during the busy season.
- Our factory is located at #4, 21 Highfield Circle SE
- Preference is given to local (Calgary) candidates, and to students or graduates of a culinary arts program
(eg: SAIT Baking & Pastry Arts, Professional Cooking, or equivalent).
Please enter your information below, and you can use the upload function to upload your resume. We will contact you for an interview if we feel you are a good fit for our team.